Couples therapy can help you and your partner express needs, worries or conflicts in a neutral and comfortable setting. Many couple’s issues are rooted in poor communication or strained connection, which often leads to marital conflict, sexual issues, infidelity or emotional withdrawal.
- Are you feeling distant or avoiding each other?
- Do you feel like roommates? Is affection missing?
- Do you feel like you’re walking on eggshells?
- Are you tired of having the same fight?
- Have you contemplated divorce or separation?
- Has an affair broken trust in the relationship?
- Do you need to work on the quality or frequency of sex?
- Do you feel like your partner doesn’t hear you?
Some issues that bring couples to therapy are, but aren’t limited to: Gambling, Pornography, Working too much, Working/Living between provinces, Substance overuse, Stressors such as a busy family life and parenting issues, Infidelity, LGBTQ2+ issues, Cultural or religious issues, Polyamory, Intimacy & Sexual issues, Anger, Domestic Violence Therapy can help! It is 100% possible to go from feeling hopeless in your relationship to feeling hopeful and connected. Therapy can help you to identify your relationship patterns, learn communication skills to help you work through conflict in constructive ways, to rebuild trust, friendship and intimacy in your relationship.
Some Goals for Couples Therapy Might Be:
- Understanding Your Needs and Your Partner’s Needs
- Responding to Bids for Affection
- Healing from Broken Trust
- Listening Well
- Creating a Shared Meaning
- Understanding Conflict Patterns
- Antidotes to Criticism, Defensiveness, Contempt & Stonewalling
- Really Knowing our Partner
- Communication Tools
- Aftermath of a Fight
- Sex, Intimacy, Playfulness
- Fondness & Admiration
- Small Things Often